Steps to Take to Replace a Refrigeration Compressor
What would you do if the compressor on your transport refrigeration unit (TRU) or air conditioner is damaged? You may say, replace it. Wait a second, it is more complicated than you think. There are several steps to take to replace a refrigeration compressor.
1. After removing the original damaged refrigeration compressor, the system needs to be treated with nitrogen blows before connecting the new compressor.
2. During the welding operation, it is must to aerate nitrogen into the copper pipe with sufficient time to prevent the formation of oxide film on its inner wall.
3. While replacing the refrigeration compressor or other parts, use vacuum pump to evacuate the air in the pipeline rather than the compressor. Otherwise, the compressor will burn out.
4. Fill in suitable refrigerant oil in moderate amount when replacing the compressor.
5. The damage of other parts may also lead to the damage of the compressor, so it is a must to identify the cause of the damage and replace the broken parts before installing new compressor.
6. In the replacement of refrigeration compressors, the drying filter must be replaced in time. Because the desiccant in the drying filter is saturated and has lost the function of water filtration.
7. It is necessary to clear out the original refrigerant oil from the system as enough refrigerant oil has already be filled in new compressor. The mixture of different refrigerant oil will deteriorate the oil, causing insufficient lubrication, making compressor scuff, become yellow and burn out.
8. Prevent excessive refrigeration oil in the system while replacing the compressor. Excessive refrigeration oil will lower the heat exchange efficiency, causing over high pressure in the system, which will bring damage to the system and compressor.
9. Do not fill the refrigerant too fast, otherwise there will be a liquid hammer, which will break the valve plate and cause pressure loss in the compressor.
10. Check if the radiator works properly after the installation. If the system pressure exceeds normal pressure (13-15kg), it will cause clutch slipping, bearing, coil burning out or compressor damage.
Do not carry out above instructions unless you are a professional technician. If not, kindly find reliable Corunclima dealers nearby to help you out. We are not only proud of our various products of transport refrigeration units and electric air conditioners, but also proud of our after-sale service.
TAG:  Refrigeration Compressor   Corunclima